I’m Dan Cryer, a freelance web developer living in Bollington, Cheshire. I’ve been doing development professionally for over 15 years now, and as a hobby since my early teens. I’ve been involved in more projects than I could or would want to count.
Prior to setting up on my own, I was managing the development team at Real and Smooth Radio. In the year or so I was there, we built a web publishing platform and launched nine web sites using it.
I enjoy spending time with family and being outdoors. I volunteer with Bollington Air Cadets, where I’m the Officer Commanding of the squadron.
For those interested, here’s a brief list of technologies I’m experienced with:
- HTML / HTML5 / XHTML / CSS
- PHP (from PHP 4 through to PHP 7)
- Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS)
- Nginx, Varnish, Apache
- Go / Golang
- Google Cloud, incl. Compute Engine, Kubernetes, App Engine, Load Balancing, etc.
- Amazon APIs / CloudSearch / Route 53 / S3 / CloudFront
- Facebook API / Twitter API / Google Analytics API
- MySQL / Microsoft SQL Server / PostgreSQL / SQLite
- CouchDb / Memcached / Beanstalkd (+Pheanstalk)
- Microsoft .NET / C# / Visual Basic .NET
- XML / XPath / XSL / XSLT